Thursday, March 1, 2012

Moving.[;

      Moving to Kannaoplis was a big change for me. It was hard to leave CC. Griffin where I knew everyone. In 6th, 7th, and 8th grade! It was a big change because I have too get used to a new environment, new home, new people and a new school. Now that I've moved I have to start my popularity all over again!
       Although coming to Kannapolis was welcoming, I miss my old school very much. All my friends keep telling me how much they miss me, Well I appreciate it but it's not helping the situation at all.Its making me feel more school-sick. If I could say that.One good thing that comes out of moving to Kannapolis is making new friends. Another is that my room is a lot bigger than my old one. A bad thing about moving to Kannapolis is that I have to start a new school and I get very nervous when I'm the "new girl" and when I'm around people that I don't know.
       Every time I sit on my bed, I think of all the memories me and my friends had, It makes me hurt even more to know that I won't see them everyday like I used to. Sometimes I can't even put words to the way that I feel. I just feel that ever since I've moved I've been feeling a little stressed out (I know I'm to young to be feeling that way but unfortunately I do). I think the reason I feel this way is because it's been a lot of pressure put on me since we've moved. Moving away from my friends, The teachers that I liked, And most importantly that special someone that always kept a smile on my face. I have to admit It's not going to be the same without going to Griffin anymore.
        As I get through it though I know I'll feel better. I just have to keep in touch with my old friends so I won't miss them so much like I do now. Also I will need to get used to the people that is now placed around me, so i can be myself again. Once all of that happens there will be a new Talisha that no one at Kannapolis has ever experienced yet!
   

7 comments:

  1. I felt the same when i moved to Kannapolis in the 5th grade. I lived in mount Pleasant then moved to KIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel stressed! i felt the same way when i moved from New Jersey. trying moving states! It'll all get better before you know it! Kannapolis is a very welcoming place and SOME of the people here are entertaining to be around. keep your head up and i hope you feel better <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not to young to be feeling stressed about the move. I think that middle school could be the most stressful time possible to change schools in the middle of the year. I like how you talk about opening up and letting people experience you. It's one cool thing, I guess, about moving to a new place. You get to define you....know what I mean. You're starting with a clean slate. Hope it all goes well. I'm glad to have you in our class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt this way too. When I was like 5 or 6, I moved from Harrisburg to Kannapolis... It was hard on me at first but I managed to make it. And yeah I still miss Harrisburg and the people there but God placed me here ( : And I'm your friend Talisha so I hope I can make you feel more welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not know how you feel because I have never moved to a different school in the middle of the year but I am always scared when I move up to another school because I don't know that many people. I hope you enjoy kannapolis though.good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about the whole moving thing. But if you could move again would you move back? Come visit my blog sometime at http://rileyh600.edublogs.org/ .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    Popularity isn't that important! Just be yourself and people will see who you really are! I hope you do Ok in a new school!
    Thanks,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete